What drives you? Today I went to a funeral for a fantastic man who at 80 years old, has lead a truly driven and full-on life! a few short facts:
- At 15 years old started his first boys’ brigade company – he was made a sergeant as he wasn’t old enought to be captain.
- He re-built 5 church buildings around New Zealand…
- He was a leader in Boys’ Brigade for 65 years – that is OVER HALF of the life of Boys’ Brigade.
- Up until he passed away, he was still ACTIVE in his local BB
- He was a Chaplain in the NZ Army stationed in Malaysia and Vietnam during some major conflicts
- He has lost people close to him, but managed to cling to a steadfast faith through it all
I think that I am the better for having met the Rev Harry Shaw, ONZM… I never had opportunity to REALLY get to know him, but did share a car journey for a couple of hours once and just listened to some amazing things! I am grateful for that time and hope that I can have as many colourful stories when I am nearing 80!Life is always filled with opportunities… what drives us to take them as they come is entirely up to us… we can choose to make a difference, or float like a tumbleweed through life…I know what I want to choose!!!